• Val Sabin teaching manuals offer something for everyone who teaches physical education and physical development including Early Years / Foundation Stage practitioners, in schools, nurseries, playgroups, childminders or parents, Key Stage 1 and 2 Primary School teachers, teaching assistants, lunchtime supervisors and specialist Physical Education teachers at Key Stages 3 and 4. Other aspects of Primary School teaching that have links to Physical Education - Storytelling in English and activities for Special Needs.
• The teaching manuals are the most comprehensive and user-friendly and provide an informative teaching guide, clear long-term planning, medium-term planning in the form of unit frameworks (complete with learning objectives andexpected learning outcomes in line with National Curriculum 2014) and short term planning in the detailed "how to do it" PE Lesson Plans. Each complete curriculum scheme of work for Gymnastics, Games, Dance and Athletics is progressive and developmental in structure and every unit within the scheme has references to the substantial skill development / extension / challenge section at the rear of the manuals, which enable the successful inclusion of all children.
• Why spend months of valuable time writing your own schemes of work and lesson plans and trying to find relevant pieces of music when appropriate eg: for Gym, Dance and Action Kids Early Years Foundation Stage when these have already been produced by a top PE specialist and have been tried, tested and proven to work in thousands of schools all over the UK!
• Curriculum materials are extensive and include Action Kids for Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and 2 lesson plans for Gymnastics, Games, Dance and Athletics, Transitions from Key Stage 2-3 for Gym, Games and Dance. Key Stage 3 and 4 lesson plans and music for Gymnastics and Dance, and our daily planned programme of Activate in the Classroom for children aged 4-13.
• The CPD training and advisory services we provide for Primary School Teachers include whole school Inset – 1 day, ½ day, twilight or working alongside individual teachers team teaching and modelling P.E. lessons. For example emphasis could be on use of gym apparatus, progression in lessons, assessing pupils, teaching specific skills or the use of differentiation in a range of contexts.
• Our bespoke P.E. training, together with the schemes of work, provides a systematic approach to complement and enhance the P.E. provision and confidence of staff in your school or educational setting.
• Our early years Foundation stage and Primary school one day CPD courses cover all the areas of Physical Education in our training manuals.
• Our Physical Education CPD courses are run for, or in partnerships with, a wide range of educational groups or agencies which include:-
P.E. Consultants and Advisors
Professionals School Support Staff
Community Support Providers
Independent Coaching Professionals
British Forces Overseas
• We have an extensive range of other Physical Education and School Sport Publications for use in School, Extra-curricular and After School Sports Clubs
• Use the menu bar at the top of the site to access the manuals for your subject. Within each manual area there are sections on main information, additional information, table of contents and lesson plans or sample material. All the information you will need to make your purchasing decision. In the lesson plan section you will also find samples of the music (where relevant).
In the same way, use the menu bar to view the P.E. CPD courses available. Ring us for any training enquiries as advertised or bespoke training