Positive Play - Licensed Trainer Course (Duration 1-day) National Course
- also available for Regional Training
Course Venue: Northampton
This is a one-day training course to enable trainers for individual schools, SSCOs in partnerships or trainers for Local Education Authorities to deliver training for lunchtime supervisors.
The course comprises the following elements:-
- The role of the lunch-time supervisor
- Providing for wet-weather lunchtimes
- Health and Safety issues
- Zoning the playground
- Playground markings
- Type and use of equipment
- Appropriate activities
- Strategies to enable play
- Organisation and delegation
- Dealing with situations in the playground
- Competitions and fund-raising
Together with a range of inter-active games-based, problem-solving and social activities.
Participants on the National course will receive a "Positive Play" training manual and they will also be licensed to deliver Val Sabin Positive Play courses in their school, Partnership or Local Education Authority and receive a detailed outline and structure of a 2-hour course for delivery to lunchtime supervisors.
- To reinforce the importance of the lunch-time supervisors role
- To examine ways of organising the playground and identifying appropriate equipment
- To explore practical ideas for encouraging Positive Playgrounds in Primary schools
- To provide guidelines for encouraging Positive Play
- To be able to deliver a 2 hour course to lunchtime supervisors