This course guides and supports sports coaches and those supporting P.E. & school sport in increasing their knowledge, competence and delivery skills for taking school sport sessions. This course has been created by the leading P.E. specialists, Val Sabin Publications and Training, who have provided thousands of courses for schools and partnerships throughout the UK.
This supportive course enhances practical delivery and theoretical knowledge of games in the national curriculum through issues such as:
- How to organise groups and lessons
- How to structure high quality lessons
- Breadth of games experience
- Planning – for safety, standards and alongside the curriculum
- Delivery - Differentiation, teaching styles & strategies, demonstration and pace
- Games for understanding
All candidates will receive a certificate of training and a 'coaches in the curriculum' lesson plan handbook containing over 100 lesson plans, activities and ideas for games/multi-skills.
Who will benefit from attending
The course offers essential knowledge, understanding and ideas for anyone who currently coaches or supports games lessons within schools, or with a view to doing so, e.g. Sports coaches, Teaching Assistants, University/College sport students and volunteer coaches.
Benefits of attendance
- Lesson plan handbook containing over 100 lesson plans, activities and ideas for games
- Increases and enhances delivery of school sport and P.E. lessons
- Designed by a leading Physical Education specialist company recognised by schools and partnerships nationwide
- Supports sport specific coaches in broadening their delivery base
- Certificate of attendance
- Increases Knowledge and understanding of P.E.